Rule No 18: OVERSIZED SHIPMENTS
Subject to advance arrangements, carrier will transport oversize shipments as defined in paragraph A below subject to the rates and charges shown in paragraph B of this rule.
- Oversized freight is defined as a piece or pieces, which because of their dimensions, special tie-down requirements, top-loading restrictions or floor-bearing weight limitations prevent other freight from being loaded on one or more Carrier pallets.
- Oversized freight will be assessed at the applicable rate subject to the following chargeable weight:
- the actual or dimensional weight, or
- a weight of 4,400 pounds for each pallet (or fraction thereof) occupied by the shipment (including tie-down and shoring) whichever is greater.
- A service charge will be applied to shipments that are required to be tied down. Also see Annex A.
- Additional charges and/or refusal of cargo may occur if the weight of the pieces exceeds the aircraft floor limitations.
Unusual shipments do not apply to this rule. Refer to Rule No. 50, paragraph 6